With over 20 years of experience in technology instruction, Marilyn Jackson Computers offers classes on a range of topics that will help you and/or your employees develop the technology skills, experience, and understanding that are necessary in order to succeed when running or working at a small business or nonprofit.
Following an initial assessment of your needs, our team will design classes that are customized to suit your demonstrated skill set while helping you work towards your stated goals. Whether your business or nonprofit is in its earliest stages and you are working on getting it off the ground or you have an established organization or company that you are looking to build, the technology skills that our team can provide are an invaluable resource for your success.
Classes can be offsite or onsite at our Mill Valley office. We offer the following subjects:
- Basics of Using the Internet
- What is a browser (why/how to use/configure preferences)
- Creating an email account (settings & preferences, choosing an email company)
- Using search engines
- Using Google Maps
- Online shopping (PayPal, etc.)
- Preventing and not becoming a victim of fraud
- Passwords & usernames (safety & storage)
- Social Media
- Why do people use it? (Businesses, individuals, etc.)
- The basics of various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn)
- What is it?
- Editing & updating content on the back end of a website
- Google Analytics
- What is Google Analytics and why is it important?
- How to apply it to a website
- How to analyze the data
- Email Marketing
- Basics of Constant Contact
- How to create an email marketing campaign
- Introduction to Word & Excel
- Resume & cover letter, job applications
- Basic spreadsheets
- College Applications
- Collegeboard.com, virtual tours, sports, researching schools, application submissions
- Using Various Devices
- How to, what are the differences, etc.
- Kindle, iPad, Mac vs. PCs, etc.
- Photoshop Basics
- Beginning to intermediate graphic design using Photoshop
- Creating promotional films on iMovie
- Uploading to YouTube & embedding on a website